Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sharkfoot

Default Maximum and minimum cell value

I need help with a formula. I need C22 to return a value of O5 x C21,
but the value of C22 should never be higher than the value in Z98 and
never lower than the value in Z99. Right now, all I have in C22 is
*=O5*C21 *but of course it returns higher than Z98 or lower than Z99 so
my spreadsheet won't work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

--
sharkfoot
sharkfoot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32164

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

What do you want if O5*c21 is less than Z99 or more than Z98?

Andy.

"sharkfoot" wrote
in message ...

I need help with a formula. I need C22 to return a value of O5 x C21,
but the value of C22 should never be higher than the value in Z98 and
never lower than the value in Z99. Right now, all I have in C22 is
*=O5*C21 *but of course it returns higher than Z98 or lower than Z99 so
my spreadsheet won't work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

--
sharkfoot
sharkfoot's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=519148

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In C22 put the formula .MIN(MAX(Z99,05*C21),Z98) ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

whoops: that should have a = in front of it
=MIN(MAX(Z99,.05*C21),Z28)