Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Repeat a sort in Excell 2007

In Excel 2003, I could repeat a sort on data that was similar. For example,
I would have 11 rows, 1st row would be headers, and 14 columns, and 8 sets of
this identical layout, only the data held within is different, but all of the
same type. So I would sort by one column, then highlight the next set of
data and just hit the F4 button. I can't do that now, but learned of ctrl-y,
for repeat, but it does nothing for sorting. It is a pain to go to sort -
custom sort - then do my sorting. Is there a way around this that anyone
knows?

If not I was thinking of creating a macro to do this, which works great, on
1 worksheet, but since I have 25 worksheets that I need to do this on, it
seems I may have to create 1 macro for each worksheet? It is convenient to
have just 1 key sequence to press to do what I would like. I am not well
versed in macros, so if there is a way to edit the macro to allow this on the
currently viewed worksheet, please let me know.

If this doesn't make any sense, then let me know and I will do what I can to
explain it better.

Thanks

Mike