Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert decimals to area measurement

I am working on a history project in which I need to convert acreage given in
decimal form to acres, roods and perches (40 perches = 1 rood; 4 roods = 1
acre). Is is possible to do this in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ajmul

Returns a text value =INT(A6*4)& " Roods" & " " &MOD(A6*4,4)& " Perches"

I have not tried it for fractions of an acre

Peter

"ajmull" wrote:

I am working on a history project in which I need to convert acreage given in
decimal form to acres, roods and perches (40 perches = 1 rood; 4 roods = 1
acre). Is is possible to do this in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

G'day Ajmull

Try this:

Formula View:
Columns

A B C
Row 1 Acres Roods Perchs
Row 2 Your input =A2*4 =B2*40

Actual View:

Columns

A B C
Row 1 Acres Roods Perchs
Row 2 1 4 160

HTH
Mark.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Forget my last post Arggh!

Try instead
=INT(A6*4)& " Roods" & " "&(A6*4-INT(A6*4))*160 & " Perches"

where the decimal acreage is in A6

Peter