Dennis

Default How to remove an Excel Main Menu item inserted by .xla file

Excel 2003 & 97

Thought I knew how to do this. But ...

An .xla file placed a new item on the Main Menu (along with File, Edit,
........ Help, Misc) Let us call it "Misc".

I removed the Misc.xla file from Addins folder and forced Excel to ask me to
remove it from the Addins list.

But the Misc is still on the Main Menu bar.

How do I get rid of it?

TIA Dennis
Frank Kabel

Hi
one way: Close Excel and start it again.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Dennis" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Excel 2003 & 97

Thought I knew how to do this. But ...

An .xla file placed a new item on the Main Menu (along with File,

Edit,
....... Help, Misc) Let us call it "Misc".

I removed the Misc.xla file from Addins folder and forced Excel to

ask me to
remove it from the Addins list.

But the Misc is still on the Main Menu bar.

How do I get rid of it?

TIA Dennis

Dennis

Got it!

Sub DeleteMenuBarItem()
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Misc").Delete

End Sub

Thanks

"Dennis" wrote:

Excel 2003 & 97

Thought I knew how to do this. But ...

An .xla file placed a new item on the Main Menu (along with File, Edit,
....... Help, Misc) Let us call it "Misc".

I removed the Misc.xla file from Addins folder and forced Excel to ask me to
remove it from the Addins list.

But the Misc is still on the Main Menu bar.

How do I get rid of it?

TIA Dennis

Dennis

Peo,

Your solution is what I learned a year ago, but unfortunately forgot about
it because I had not
used it recently!

Thanks Dennis