Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I make tab stops within a cell of Excel?

I am trying to make a address book with checklist and need to use several
tabs stops within a Cell, since there is not key to make tab stop as there is
on a typerwriter, How do I make a tab stop with a cell, or a template for
Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ALT + ENTER will produce a new line in a cell.

This is one line ALT + ENTER
This is a new line ENTER

Might be what you need.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 17:20:01 -0700, B Daniels <B
wrote:

I am trying to make a address book with checklist and need to use several
tabs stops within a Cell, since there is not key to make tab stop as there is
on a typerwriter, How do I make a tab stop with a cell, or a template for
Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BD BD is offline

No I don't need a new line. I want to make consist stopping places. Such ass
Streets, Citys, States, Zip codes all lining up when it's printed. As I would
in a work program. Is it just not possible in Excel? I really don't want to
be counting up the number of letters in each address and then recounting to
make the rest of the spaces. That just doen'st seem to be efficent use of time
BD

wrote:

I am trying to make a address book with checklist and need to use several
tabs stops within a Cell, since there is not key to make tab stop as there is
on a typerwriter, How do I make a tab stop with a cell, or a template for
Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

B,

If you're trying to make a document that looks right, iether use Word or:

Consider the cells as guidelines for a form. Each address, zipcode, state,
and name goes in its own cell. You can right or left justify each entry to
line up with other entries. If you need to "box" anything, use
Format/Cells/Border. There are no "tabs" within individual cells, but you
can tab to the next cell. Please respond with progress you make.

HTH

Beege