Mike

Default Excel expression {=SUm(if(istext(c8:k8),1,0))}

This is an expression in an excel template. When I try to change the range
the {} disappear and the expression doesn't work. Why are the brackets there
and why do they diappear?
--
mike
Shatin

This is an array formula that has to be entered by pressing
Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

Read this article for details on array formulas.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm