Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sony Manoj

Default DELETE DUPLICATE DATA IN A SHEET AUTOMATICALLY

Hi there

If somebody can help me with this. I have a sheet which contians volumes
pertaining to companies on a monthly basis. My system gives me data per
month. The columns in worksheet are Co Name, Volumes for Jan,Feb,March and
so on. After completing data for the month of Jan, I copy volumes for Feb
into the same sheet. The sheet already contains data for eg for ABC for Jan
and for Feb that i hv copied just now in two diff columns and rows. I want to
run a formula that will place my Feb figure for ABC in a column next to Jan
w/out manually copying and pasting Feb figure into the column next to Jan.
you hav to consider that I also have new co's every month whose data has to
exist as it is.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

If your data sheet is called Data, and your summary sheet is called
Summary.

In the Data sheet you can check for new companies by a VLookup of the
Summary sheet with (in row 2, headers in row 1)
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A2,Summary!A:A,1,FALSE)),"","n ew")
and copy all new company names to the summary sheet.

To add new data, in row 2 of the new monthy column (ie, column D for
March) put
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A2,Data!A:D,4,FALSE)),"",VLOOK UP(A2,Data!A:D,4,FALSE))
and formula-drag that down to cover all companies.

To 'fix' (make unchangeable) this data, select the column (D for March)
and Copy, then Paste Special = Values back over itsself.

You can then re-use your Data sheet.

Hope this helps

--
Bryan Hessey