Default Is it possible to make comments font larger by default?

rather than manipulating every comment I put in?
Loris

You can make the font size different by default as well as the font color and
background color but you can't change the font typeface itself. It will
continue to use Tahoma. The change has to be made in the Windows Display
Properties dialog box. Right click the Desktop, select Properties, select
the Appearance tab, click on the Advanced button, then in the Item drop-down
list select ToolTip andmake your changes. You will, of course, be affecting
the appearance of tool tips in other programs as well, but at least you won't
be squinting anymore. Have fun.

rather than manipulating every comment I put in?

Peo Sjoblom

Comment fonts are not in excel, it's in windowsstartcontrol panel and
displayappearance (or right clisk desktop and select properties) then
under item scroll to tooltip and change font size there

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

wrote in message
rather than manipulating every comment I put in?

Jim Rech

FWIW, another option is to create a new comment with a utility macro. An
example that changes the font name and size:

Sub NewComment()
On Error Resume Next
With ActiveCell.AddComment.Shape
.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Name = "Terminal"
.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 9
.ScaleWidth 1.5, msoFalse
.ScaleHeight 1.5, msoFalse
.Visible = msoTrue