Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default add zeros in front of numbers

i have an acct# field and want to add 000 in front

585
00125
00356
12

i want to add 00 to 585 and 000 to 12 to make all the same length is
there some place to set this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Custom format

00000

If you need to export is as text with leading zeros use a help column and a
formula

=TEXT(A1,"00000")

copy down, select the range and copy and paste special as values in place

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"dlb1228" wrote in message
i have an acct# field and want to add 000 in front

585
00125
00356
12

i want to add 00 to 585 and 000 to 12 to make all the same length is
there some place to set this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try the custom format of 00000 in the cells
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)