TX_KniveS

Default How do I insert a line feed in a formula?

I'm trying to insert a line feed (or carriage return) into a text formula I
have in a cell. I'm trying to concatenate text entered into two other cells
in this new cell and have the two entries on a different line within the same
cell. Anybody know how to do this?
Peo Sjoblom

First you need to turn on word wrap under formatcellsalignment, then use
CHAR(10), i.e.

="text"&CHAR(10)&"text2"

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"TX_KniveS" wrote:

I'm trying to insert a line feed (or carriage return) into a text formula I
have in a cell. I'm trying to concatenate text entered into two other cells
in this new cell and have the two entries on a different line within the same
cell. Anybody know how to do this?

David McRitchie

Hi Don,
Unfortunately that does not apply to within a formula.

One nice feature of Alt+Enter is that is generates
the necessary wrap lines under Format, Cells, Alignment.

So the poster has to format the column accordingly,
when concatenating CHAR(10), which we assume he knew
because he thanked Peo for the solution.
---
HTH,

"Don Guillett" wrote in message ...
try alt+enter where you want it to break

"TX_KniveS" wrote ...
I'm trying to insert a line feed (or carriage return) into a text formula I I
have in a cell. I'm trying to concatenate text entered into two other cells
in this new cell and have the two entries on a different line within the
same cell. Anybody know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you wish to copy and paste the concatenated result into an email body and
not loose the line returns try this.

=CONCATENATE($A1,CHAR(13),$B1)

Good luck.