Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Patriot

Default Highlight 1 cell in Excel & move mouse-stays highlighted - stop?

I highlight one cell in Excel and then move mouse and the cells stay
highlighted, and in the process it highlights other cells. Once I click on a
cell there is no button that can stop this. Therefor I have to
ctrl/alt/delete out of the program. Happens every time I go to a cell.
Checked the mouse settings and everything appears normal and this only
happens in Excel????

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

You could try downloading and installing a new version of the mouse
driver, if one is available from the manufacturer's web site. Or, try a
different mouse and driver on the machine.

David McRitchie also has some suggestions on his web site:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List