Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy

Default if then else

I have 14 columns and say 20 rows of data where the data could be 7 different
text values at any given time, I need to total the values some where for
those 7 different text values. The values I need to total are in the columns
next to the original 14 I spoke of.

ex: a b f g
s 3 w 2
s 4 s 3
n 5 w 4

Totals for s=10
w=2
n=5

if any cell in columns a or f = s then add the value from the cell to the
right to a running total some where
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Morrigan

=SUMIF($A$1:$M$20,"s",$B$1:$N$20)