Cassie

Default how do you prevent data from changing values when sorting linked .

I work with linked data in two workbooks , Everytime I input some new data
into the called data bank book , then the cell values change in the other
book although
is was linked . I went as far as to rename all the data cells with names and
not with references as they use to , and crosslinked the names with the
other cells on the other workbook , but still when I do a sort or insert on
in my data bank , all the values of the linked cells change . Could any one
please give me some advice as to lock the values of all the data in my data
bank with the linked values ??