Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003 worksheet

Hi,

I have an excel 2003 worksheet I have around 20 column headings
I want to put a label so that I can identify what this column are store
and instruction in filling in a certain cell in particular column.

I mean I want to put a label on each column heading by not using
INSERT COMMENT is there anyway I can do it? So that by the time
I point my mouse on the column heading there were pop out to appear
on the column where I pointed my mouse on.

Thanks for any help I appreciate,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

You could apply Data Validation to the cells, and put your comment on the
Input Message tab.

Alternatively, you could use some event code on your sheet to bring up
different messages. The following is an example for 2 columns, but is set to
operate on up to the first 20 columns of the sheet. Add more Case statements
for each extra column required.

If Target.Row < 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column 20 Then Exit Sub

Select Case Target.Column
Case 1
MsgBox "Only Enter numeric values"
Case 2
MsgBox "Only enter Text"
Case Else
End Select

End Sub

Copy the Code above
Right click Sheet tab View Code
Paste code into white pane that appears
Alt+F11 to return to Excel

This is event code which will be triggered automatically.

--
Regards
Roger Govier