Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy formula in excel

Hi, I've been using Excel for some years now and this is the first time this
has ever happened.

When I copy a formula to another cell, the formula is copied, but the the
numeric value of the copied cell is the one displayed (and not the supposed
new calculated value). To illustrate, suppose I have cell A1 = 20 and cell
A2 = 30, and then I type in cell B2 = 3*A1 (the displayed value is 60). When
I copy the formula of B1 to B2, B2 now becomes 3*A2 (in the formula window
this is what is displayed), but the cell display is 60 instead of 90. How
can I remedy this?

The links to other cells are also not updated when I make some changes in
cells.

I had installed a 2003 Student version just 2 weeks ago but had to uninstall
coz I thought there was some bug in the program. But when I installed a 2007
Trial Professional Office trial version, I experienced the same thing.

Please help, I have a deadline to beat.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the old Excel it would be Tools/ Options/ Calculation, and set it to
Automatic instead of Manual.
In 2007 I don't know exactly where you'll find it, but look at
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...24/606808.aspx
--
David Biddulph

"shee" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. This does it!

"Vergel Adriano" wrote:

Perhaps you accidentally set the calculation to manual? Tools-Options, in
the Calculation tab, make sure that "Automatic" option is selected.

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano