Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to compute letter grade based on percentage grade

I am a student and I've made a worksheet to record my grades in a class.
Using the syllabus, I've created columns for points possible and points
earned, and Excel calculates my total percentage correct.

I want to write a formula that outputs a letter grade based on my percentage
grade. Something like this:

IF percentage is 90-100, THEN "A"
IF percentage is 80-89, THEN "B"
etc. for "C" "D" "F"

Even better if it can create letter grades with a + or -.

I only know how to write an IF/THEN formula that creates two outputs.

Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the below

Col A Col B
100% =LOOKUP(A1*100,{60,70,80,90},{"D","C","B","A"})

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria