mwc0914

Default conditional formatting with formula

I can't get this to work...I want to format the contents in cell A1
based upon the value of cell B1.

I open the conditional formatting...I select "Formula is"...I enter
=if(b1=0)...I select my formatting options.

I enter 0 in cell B1 and the formatting in cell A1 does not occur. I
must be formatting my formula wrong. Even if I format my formula a bit
wrong, Excel corrects it, but even then, the formatting in cell A1 is
not occuring.

--
mwc0914
mwc0914's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24130

Morrigan

=IF($B$1=0,1,0)

mwc0914 Wrote:
I can't get this to work...I want to format the contents in cell A1
based upon the value of cell B1.

I open the conditional formatting...I select "Formula is"...I enter
=if(b1=0)...I select my formatting options.

I enter 0 in cell B1 and the formatting in cell A1 does not occur. I
must be formatting my formula wrong. Even if I format my formula a bit
wrong, Excel corrects it, but even then, the formatting in cell A1 is
not occuring.

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388691

Biff

Hi!

Since an empty cell evaluates to 0, if B1 is empty it will equal zero and
the cf will be applied.

Try one of these as the cf formula:

=AND(ISNUMBER(B1),B1=0)

Or