Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell location containing specific text

i need to find specific text on a sheet and return the cell location of the
found text... how do i do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ctrl + F

"Gregg R" wrote:

i need to find specific text on a sheet and return the cell location of the
found text... how do i do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gregg

=ADDRESS(MATCH("goombah",B:B),1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:34:05 -0700, Gregg R <Gregg
wrote:

i need to find specific text on a sheet and return the cell location of the
found text... how do i do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

RD

It's a "goodfellas" term.

Is that where you became a "made man"<g

Gord

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 13:31:22 -0700, "RagDyeR" wrote:

Haven't even thought about that word (spelling doesn't count) since I was
growing up in N.Y. in the 50's.<vbg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I know exactly what it is!<g

Grew up on the "Lower East Side", next to "Little Italy", in what I believe
they now call SoHo (*nothing* like London's).
My old neighborhood is now the VILLAGE EAST.

Believe me, those motion pictures are pretty accurate!

RD

wrote:

Haven't even thought about that word (spelling doesn't count) since I was
growing up in N.Y. in the 50's.<vbg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SoHo in New York City means South of Houston (as in Houston Street).
It is somewhat to the north of Little Italy and to the north and west
of the Lower East Side.

The East Village is north of both SoHo, the Lower East Side, and
Little Italy...

Dave

wrote:

Haven't even thought about that word (spelling doesn't count) since I was
growing up in N.Y. in the 50's.<vbg- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not really a forum to discuss municipal geography, but I was born and bred
on Manhattan Island(referred to as New York City), on 6th Street, between
1st and 2nd Avenues.

property.

So I can attest to the slight discrepancies in your location descriptions.
Sounds like you maybe got them out of a book, or Google!<bg

RD

ups.com...

wrote:

Haven't even thought about that word (spelling doesn't count) since I
was
growing up in N.Y. in the 50's.<vbg- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've lived in Manhattan for 31 years and so know its layout well.

Dave

On Apr 9, 12:34 pm, "RagDyeR" wrote:
Not really a forum to discuss municipal geography, but I was born and bred
on Manhattan Island(referred to as New York City), on 6th Street, between
1st and 2nd Avenues.

property.

So I can attest to the slight discrepancies in your location descriptions.
Sounds like you maybe got them out of a book, or Google!<bg

RD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*--------------------

ups.com...

On Apr 8, 4:22 pm, "Ragdyer" wrote:

I know exactly what it is!<g

Grew up on the "Lower East Side", next to "Little Italy", in what I
believe
they now call SoHo (*nothing* like London's).
My old neighborhood is now the VILLAGE EAST.

Believe me, those motion pictures are pretty accurate!

RD

.. .