Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Miller

Default Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text (ie) just a simple text
file, having nothing to do with webpages at the moment ? I will
eventually want to apply the text in the simple text file to the source
for a web page.

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29900

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Yes:

File Save As...

and specify html
--
Gary''s Student

"Joe Miller" wrote:

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text (ie) just a simple text
file, having nothing to do with webpages at the moment ? I will
eventually want to apply the text in the simple text file to the source
for a web page.

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499012

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Miller

Dear Student of Gary,

I have tried 'filesave as' and it doesn't work for me - it seems to
want to interact with an existing web page.
I get no error messages, it just doesn't do anything.

Have you every saved as just a text file containing html script ?
If so I will appreciate the details of doing it.

Thanks