Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stilla

Default calculating years/months with YEARFRAC?

Hello,

I'm using the =Yearfrac formula to calculate tenure. It returns the result
in years and fractions of years; e.g., 5.5 yrs.

Is there any way that the interval between two dates can be calculated in
years and months, so that I get 5yrs 6months?

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

You could use the DATEDIF function.

=DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " yrs, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months"

HTH,

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi

Try
=DATEDIF(earlydate,latedate,"y")&" years
"&DATEDIF(earlydate,latedate,"ym")&" months"
For more information on the undocumented datedif function, take a look
at Chip Pearson's site
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--
Regards