~Rick

Default Create a form to open a comma delimited file

I am sending a comma delimited file to the server for my users to open it in
Excel. I would like to create a form so that when they open this file, the
data will be formatted and separated into appropriate columns and also
contain headers identifying the columns and the report name. Does any one
know if this is possible? If so, please provide some pointers on how to
accomplish this task.

Thank You,
~Rick
Dave Peterson

1. Save your file as *.txt (not .csv)
2. Start a new workbook
3. Record a macro when you open it and specify each field
4. Add headers/print layout/filters/subtotals, whatever else you can think of.
5. Add a button from the Forms toolbar to the first worksheet in that macro
workbook.
6. Distribute that workbook with the macro to the users.

Save all your data files as .txt and tell them to open the
"WorkbookToImport.xls", click the giant button and select their filename.

--

Dave Peterson