cxlough41

Default How do I import formmail data to a custom excel template?

I am using office pro 03. I have an online form that sends application data
to me via email. I need to transfer the data to a printable and visually
acceptable worksheet which I have designed using excel (data must be placed
in the cells that are specified for the particular piece of data, such as
First name, last name, birthdate....). Is it possible to import this data to
my worksheet template or set the template up so that when the data enrty
person is entering data the only cells that the tab key highlight are the
cells that need the data entered into. the worksheet has a lot of cells that
will not have data in them ever. I want the worksheet to stay exactly the
same for every customer as this data is loan application data.
Gord Dibben

To have the data sent to appropriate cells automatically you would generally
need to use VBA.

For data entry by users you can use one or more methods.

See Bob Phillips' site for more info.

Note: there is another method which uses worksheet event code. If interested,
post back.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP