Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Number Format not working

Hello this is my custom number format [<1]0.00%;$#,##0.00
If I enter the number 5 I get 5.00% if I enter 100.00 I do not Get $100.00
I get $1.00 This is what i'm trying to do. anything from1 to 5 should
be in % above 5 should be in $ thanks thanks thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It looks as if all your input numbers are being divided by 100. You could
check by temporarily formatting as General or Number.
Try Tools/ Options/ Edit:
Make sure you haven't got Fixed decimal places set.

If your dividing line is supposed to be at 5, why does your custom format
have [<1]?
--
David Biddulph

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello this is my custom number format [<1]0.00%;$#,##0.00
If I enter the number 5 I get 5.00% if I enter 100.00 I do not Get
$100.00
I get $1.00 This is what i'm trying to do. anything from1 to 5 should
be in % above 5 should be in $ thanks thanks thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You didn't tell us whether your numbers were divided by 100 compared with
the input values.
You didn't tell us what values you saw when you looked at the cells with a
format of general or number.
You didn't tell us whether or not Fixed decimal places had been set.
You didn't tell us why you'd got [<1] when you were talking about a dividing
line at 5.

Neither I nor any other contributor of this group has a crystal ball. We
can't help you if you don't give us any information to work with.

Just saying "still does not work" doesn't help anyone to help you.
--

"David Biddulph" wrote:

It looks as if all your input numbers are being divided by 100. You
could
check by temporarily formatting as General or Number.
Try Tools/ Options/ Edit:
Make sure you haven't got Fixed decimal places set.

If your dividing line is supposed to be at 5, why does your custom format
have [<1]?
--
David Biddulph

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello this is my custom number format [<1]0.00%;$#,##0.00
If I enter the number 5 I get 5.00% if I enter 100.00 I do not Get
$100.00
I get $1.00 This is what i'm trying to do. anything from1 to 5
should
be in % above 5 should be in $ thanks thanks thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David
Mia Culpa......thank you for your help ......After a while I discovered
that the problem was not with the formula but with the way I was entering
the values in the cell. example for 5% I would enter 5. and I would get
5.00% for $50.00 I would enter 50.00 so I would get 50.00%. So now for % I
enter a decimal point (example 5.= 5.00%) and for $ the number(example
500=$5.00 and it works. In the future I will define everything step by step.
Again thanks