TRT

Default Excel not saving all data and formatting

Unable to save any further data or formatting to workbook. Each time I try to
save I get the following message:

Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added

To return to your workbook without saving click Cancel
If you want to continue saving changes without repairing the problem, click
OK.

When I click on help there is no message
Dave Peterson

Maybe:

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

And if you ever have trouble opening this file, you may want to try openOffice.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

A few people have posted that they could open the file in OpenOffice, then
remove some of the formatting, save it and then excel would open that file ok.

You may want to search google for that phrase:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...c3bd5c693d7c35

or

http://snipurl.com/hi1c

There are a few hits that point at conditional formatting and data|validation
being the sometimes cause.

--

Dave Peterson