Miklós Márk

Default Excel should let me use color banding to locate the active cell

I desire for a standard Excel function to have a temporary color band appear
in the current row and column. For example a check box in Tools/Options/View
section to turn it on/off.

You can find a solution that uses VBA macros he
Office Online Assistance Excel 2003 Working with Data Formatting
Data Borders and Shading Use color banding to locate the active cell
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...366231033.aspx)

But it has more drawbacks and it's unconfortable.

My Excel version: Excel 2003 SP1
David McRitchie

Hi Mark,
You can use Chip Pearson's macro. It won't change the inside color,
but being a macro you would still lose the use of undo (Ctrl+Z).

Rowliner, Chip Pearson. RowLiner add-in allows you have Excel automatically
draw row and/or column lines around the active cell, making it easier to view rows
and columns, especially when gridlines are not visible.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm

If you look at the row and column headings you will not that the
color or shading changes. Which is sufficient for me, so I'd not
consider doing anything to messes up ability to use undo for myself.

That link to Microsoft you supplied is wicked in Firefox after I hit
Reset (F5) a couple of times to watch the highlighting change.
I had to terminate that display to be able to do anything.
---
HTH,

(
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...366231033.aspx)

But it has more drawbacks and it's unconfortable.

My Excel version: Excel 2003 SP1

JulieD

Hi Miklos

if you'ld like to let MS know what you think send them an email at

with excel in the subject line and your request / ideas in the message body

--
Cheers
JulieD