Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can you anchor pictures to excel cells?

I am attempting to paste pictures into individual excel cells and cannot
figure out how to anchor a picture to a cell, so that if I sort, the pictures
travel with the appropriate rows.
Thanks, Laura
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can you anchor pictures to excel cells?

__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can put a picture in a comment and the comment will travel with the cell.
However, the comment can "drift" and may need occasional adjustments,
especiallly if rows/columns are added/deleted.
--
Gary's Student

"Laura" wrote:

I am attempting to paste pictures into individual excel cells and cannot
figure out how to anchor a picture to a cell, so that if I sort, the pictures
travel with the appropriate rows.
Thanks, Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The picture must be entirely within the cell (or row) otherwise there is
nothing that can be done. Assuming that this is feasable then all you need to
do is to right click the picture - select format - select move and size
with cell... that should do it...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Laura" wrote:

I am attempting to paste pictures into individual excel cells and cannot
figure out how to anchor a picture to a cell, so that if I sort, the pictures
travel with the appropriate rows.
Thanks, Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much. I had gotten to the point of right clicking, selecting
format, and selecting move and size with the cell, but hadn't noticed that
some of the pictures were not entirely within some of the cells. Have a great
day!