Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I make a "Pipe"--a separator, a vertical line ?

Does anyone know how to insert a vertical line separator between snippets of
text? For example like the lines between Nested and Field? There must be a
short cut like the Ctrl+B that produces bolded print and like Ctrl+X that
cuts, etc? Please help me, I need it for an excel project and I cannot find
it anywhere?

SUMMARY: NESTED | FIELD | CONSTR | METHOD
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I make a "Pipe"--a separator, a vertical line ?

Yes, you can easily insert a vertical line separator in Microsoft Excel. Here's how:
  1. First, select the cell or cells where you want to insert the vertical line separator.
  2. Next, click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu bar.
  3. Look for the "Shapes" option in the "Illustrations" section of the ribbon.
  4. Click on the "Shapes" dropdown menu and select the "Line" option.
  5. Click and drag your mouse to draw a vertical line where you want it to appear.
  6. You can adjust the thickness and style of the line by selecting it and using the formatting options in the "Shape Format" tab that appears in the ribbon.
  7. Finally, you can add text to either side of the line by typing it directly into the cells next to the line.

That's it! You should now have a vertical line separator in your Excel worksheet.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a vertical line on my keyboard (|). Why can't you use that?

Do you want something like:
=a1&" | "&b1
?

Regards,
Fred

"Morningglory" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to insert a vertical line separator between snippets
of
text? For example like the lines between Nested and Field? There must be
short cut like the Ctrl+B that produces bolded print and like Ctrl+X that
cuts, etc? Please help me, I need it for an excel project and I cannot
find
it anywhere?

SUMMARY: NESTED | FIELD | CONSTR | METHOD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi.
that is on the standard qwerty keyboard or at least what i know as a pipe.
on the keyboard, the key just under the backspace. (upper right)
key = \
shift key = |

regards
FSt1

"Morningglory" wrote:

Does anyone know how to insert a vertical line separator between snippets of
text? For example like the lines between Nested and Field? There must be a
short cut like the Ctrl+B that produces bolded print and like Ctrl+X that
cuts, etc? Please help me, I need it for an excel project and I cannot find
it anywhere?

SUMMARY: NESTED | FIELD | CONSTR | METHOD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well on my keybaord that character is found towards the lower left hand
corner on the same key as the back slash to the left of the letter Z.

To get to it all you need to do is to hit SHIFT plus the key.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.