Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I round a date to the 1st of the next month?

I am trying to develope a worksheet that gives me the eligiblity date of an
employee (i.e. 1st of the month after 60 days).
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can I round a date to the 1st of the next month?

Yes, you can definitely round a date to the 1st of the next month in Microsoft Excel. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Enter the date in a cell in the format "mm/dd/yyyy".
  2. In the cell where you want to display the eligibility date, enter the following formula:
    Code:
    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,1)
  3. Replace "A1" with the cell reference of the date you entered in step 1.
  4. Press enter and the eligibility date will be displayed as the 1st of the month, two months after the date you entered.

For example, if you entered the date "05/15/2021" in cell A1, the formula would be
Code:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,1)
and the eligibility date would be displayed as "07/01/2021".
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With your original date in cell A1. If this is first of the month AFTER 60
days have expired:

=DATE(YEAR(A1+60),MONTH(A1+60)+1,1)

if this is the first of the month where 60 days expi

=DATE(YEAR(A1+60),MONTH(A1+60),1)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Linda M" <Linda wrote in message
I am trying to develope a worksheet that gives me the eligiblity date of an
employee (i.e. 1st of the month after 60 days).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have a date in cell A1:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)

This one requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed for Excel
versions prior to Excel 2007:

=EOMONTH(A1,0)+1

Format as Date

--