shaun t

Default How do I create a sound alert in excel spreadsheet

How do I create a sound alert, to use ,for when a cell value changes to a
given value. ie: I am importing realtime data and want a sound to notify when
when a certain value is detected
Bob Phillips

Dim i As Long
On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
Beep
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"shaun t" <shaun wrote in message
How do I create a sound alert, to use ,for when a cell value changes to a
given value. ie: I am importing realtime data and want a sound to notify

when
when a certain value is detected

shaun t

Hi Bob

Thanks alot, sure its just what I want, but a little over my head

Have pasted code as you said, was the code to start at

private and end at end sub

the cell range I am monitoring is d2:d4, and the value I want to trigger the
alert is 0 ( zero). Where is this entered into the code you said paste

Cheers again Shaun

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Dim i As Long
On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
Beep
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"shaun t" <shaun wrote in message
How do I create a sound alert, to use ,for when a cell value changes to a
given value. ie: I am importing realtime data and want a sound to notify

when
when a certain value is detected

Bob Phillips

Shaun,

This is modified to your particular needs. Follow the instructions after the
previous piece of code so as to know where to put it

Dim i As Long
On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("D2:D4")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
if .value = 0 Then Beep

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Dim i As Long
On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
Beep
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"shaun t" <shaun wrote in message
How do I create a sound alert, to use ,for when a cell value changes

to a
given value. ie: I am importing realtime data and want a sound to

notify
when
when a certain value is detected

shaun t

Hi again Bob

Have done as you have instructed

When the code is pasted, what do I do with the headins in the two drop downs
above

The first has in it WORKSHEET and GENERAL

The second has CHANGE ACTIVATE etc and several others

The reason I am asking as the code does not generate a BEEP when the value
is 0

Cheers Shaun

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Dim i As Long
On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
Beep
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"shaun t" <shaun wrote in message
How do I create a sound alert, to use ,for when a cell value changes

to a
given value. ie: I am importing realtime data and want a sound to

notify
when
when a certain value is detected

Bob Phillips

Shaun,

You don't need to do anything with them, it is already effectively done.

The beep will only happen when any value in D2:D4 is changed to 0.

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Dim i As Long
On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
Beep
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"shaun t" <shaun wrote in message
How do I create a sound alert, to use ,for when a cell value

changes
to a
given value. ie: I am importing realtime data and want a sound to

notify
when
when a certain value is detected

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
maks

hi!
Did you found answer?

"shaun t" wrote:

How do I create a sound alert, to use ,for when a cell value changes to a
given value. ie: I am importing realtime data and want a sound to notify when
when a certain value is detected

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ryan Jones

You can use a beep command in the sheet code under change

"maks" wrote in message
hi!
Did you found answer?