Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger

Default Copy & paste special

How would I copy & paste to a new sheet the format & formula but not the data
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tim C

Roger,

I assume you mean you have some cells with data and some cells with
formulas, and you want to copy only those cells with formulas (plus the
formatting for the whole page).

The simplest way is to copy everything, and then delete the data. If the
data cells and formula cells are intermingled, however, this can become time
consuming.

To simplify the delete task in this case, select the area of the spreadsheet
that contains the data to be deleted. Then click Edit Goto Special
Constants. You can uncheck "Text," etc. to more narrowly constrain what you
want to delete. Then click OK. At that point, all of your formulas will
have been unselected, and you can just hit the Delete key to clear the data.
(That may sound a little confusing, but if you try it, it will make sense.)

Tim C

"Roger" wrote in message
How would I copy & paste to a new sheet the format & formula but not the
data

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

If you want to copy over formula from one sheet to the other without linking
to the original sheet?

ctrl + H, replace e = with ^=^, select the ranges you want to copy, copy and
paste into the new sheet,
reverse the replace and replace ^=^ with = on both sheets

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon