OB1

Default Help! I am stuck calculating Days, Hours, Mins please help

Hi All and thanks for reading my post.

I am working on a spreadsheet typically for a game called Eve.

It is a skills spreadsheet that tells me the number of days hours
minutes required to learn a particular skill.

Basically i input the current level of skill and the goal level and out
pops.......eg.

Days Hours Mins
23 15 39

Now i want to develop my sheet further and want a totals row at the
bottom to calculate the total time for a group of skills. I can get the
total number of days hours mins on a row but of course i invariably get
this..........eg.

Skills to be done

Skill Days Hours Mins
A 5 13 49
B 16 20 11
C 1 16 59
D 0 43 36

Total 22 92 155

But i want to portray the days, hours and mins properly to
get............

From above example.

Days Hours Mins

Total 25 22 35 (I believe this to
be correct)

I hope there is someone out there that can shed some light onto this
topic for me. I have trawled through the functions in excel, and just
getting more and more confused.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post, and thanks in advance to anybody
that can help.

Best Regards

OB1

--
OB1
OB1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=461

Alex Delamain

Try this for size:

If your data is in a1:d5 (row 1 headings, column a is skills)

total for minutes (d6) is =MOD(SUM(D2:D5),60)

total hours (c6) is =MOD(SUM(C2:C5)+QUOTIENT(SUM(D2:D5),60),24)

total days (b6) is =SUM(B2:B5)+QUOTIENT(SUM(C2:C5),24)

--
Alex Delamain
Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11273

N Harkawat

On the cell where you need the final output
=(C5+INT(D5/24))&" days "&MOD(D5,24)+(INT(E5/60))&" Hrs "&MOD(E5,60)&" Mins
"
where C5 house days D5 hours and E5 minutes

"OB1" wrote in message

[...]

From above example.

Days Hours Mins

Total 25 22 35 (I believe this to
be correct)

I hope there is someone out there that can shed some light onto this
topic for me. I have trawled through the functions in excel, and just
getting more and more confused.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post, and thanks in advance to anybody
that can help.

Best Regards

OB1

--
OB1
OB1's Profile:

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=461
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=278319

N Harkawat

Ignore previous post as it ignores cases where hours are say 4000 and
minutes sum up to say 6000
This takes care of tose situaions
=(C5+INT((D5*60+E5)/1440))&" Days "&INT(MOD(D5*60+E5,1440)/60)&" Hrs
"&MOD(MOD(E5,1440),60)&" Mins"

"OB1" wrote in message

[...]

From above example.