Jim Edwards

Default Why cannot I unhide the hidden rows ?

Hi,
Make sure you highlight on both sides of the rows you want to unhide when
applying "Unhide" from the menu.
Jim
"haibebu2" wrote in message
I did hide some of the rows in my excel file. But then I could not unhide
them ? What is the reason for this behavior ?

Anon y mous

Unhiding requires that you highlight the rows on either side of the hidden
rows.
If you are trying to unhide the first row, it can be tricky, you might have
to select the whole spreasheet by clicking on the blank box where the rows
and columns intersect (this selects the whole spreadsheet. Next after
unhiding all rows, try to reset your row height to a default value to see if
that brings them back.

Provided you have not protected the worksheet or book, If these fail, you
might have a corrupt spreadsheet.

Are you using form design or vb tools on this spreadsheet? sometimes
leaving design mode on and protect 'on' can prevent you from unprotecting
and doing some normal things..

Good luck

"haibebu2" wrote in message
I did hide some of the rows in my excel file. But then I could not unhide
them ? What is the reason for this behavior ?

Anon y mous

I once had a spreadsheet I could not modify- turns out for that sheet the
security settings were set to very high- so I was unable to unprotect and
unlock the form in design mode. once I changed the security settings, I saw
that the form was locked with either the VB toolbox or forms .... I unlocked
it and was able to unprotect it. (all my format tools such as row height,
hide, unhide were ghosted out.

Is your row height, unhide command ghosted out, or is it active and
available and it just will not respond??