Gary

Default Using formulas to determine date in one cell based on date in anot

Term: 3yrs.

Instrument Date
3/24/1998 Expired: 3/23/2001
In the example above, the date on the far left represents the beginning date
of a lease. The date shown as "Expired:" represents the expiration date 3
years later.
I would like to enter a formula in the cell representing the expiration date
(which ends at midnight on 3/23/2001) utilizing the term of 3 years, in this
case. Can this be done in Excel? There are also times when the number of
years is 1, 2, 4 or 5.

Thank you very much!
Gary B.

R.VENKATARAMAN

try instrument date+365 (if a leap years comes in between 366 days)

for e.g. instrument date is in A1
in B1 type
=A1+365

does it get you wnat your want.
there are other ways also.

Gary wrote in message
Term: 3yrs.

Instrument Date
3/24/1998 Expired: 3/23/2001
In the example above, the date on the far left represents the beginning

date
of a lease. The date shown as "Expired:" represents the expiration date 3
years later.
I would like to enter a formula in the cell representing the expiration

date
(which ends at midnight on 3/23/2001) utilizing the term of 3 years, in

this
case. Can this be done in Excel? There are also times when the number

of
years is 1, 2, 4 or 5.

Thank you very much!
Gary B.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

With instrument date p.e. in cell A2
=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A2)+3,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2)),DATE(YEAR( A2)+3;MONTH(A2)+1,0))

(Second part of formula is for cases the date in A2 is 29 February of leap
year - in such cases last of Febryary is returned as expire date)

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<Attarkon.ee)