David P.

Default Lock or Unlock cell references in a formula for auto fill purposes

Are there any tricks (control or alt + something for example) to locking or
unlocking (probably not using the correct terms) of cell references in a
formula in order to set it up for the autofill scenario I want to do? For
example if I have the following formula:

=a1+b1

How can I easily change it to =$a$1+$b$1
or =a$1+b$1
or =$a1+$b1

I may just be crazy, but if you have any quicker command button suggestions
to change these scenarios easier than having to type them every time that
would be great. Thank you.
--
David P.
Chip Pearson

Select the relevant cell references in the formula bar and press
F4 to cycle through the various reference styles.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"David P." wrote in message
Are there any tricks (control or alt + something for example)
to locking or
unlocking (probably not using the correct terms) of cell
references in a
formula in order to set it up for the autofill scenario I want
to do? For
example if I have the following formula:

=a1+b1

How can I easily change it to =$a$1+$b$1
or =a$1+b$1
or =$a1+$b1

I may just be crazy, but if you have any quicker command button
suggestions
to change these scenarios easier than having to type them every
time that
would be great. Thank you.
--
David P.

Dave Peterson

If you highlight A1 in the formulabar, you can toggle between the absolute
references and relative references by hitting the F4 key.

If you highlight the whole formula, then all the ranges will cycle though the
different reference styles.