Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cells showing unwanted information...

I am setting up a control sheet for monitoring visits. I have it set that
when you put in a consumer's start date, it automatically fills in the date
the first visit should be made and so on. My problem is that if I leave a
space blank, it fills in a date from 1900. I know I can use conditional
formatting or something to solve this, I just can't figure it out. Can
someone please help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I assume you have soemthing like:

column A Column B
Row 1 Start Date 1st Visit
Row 2 1/1/2007 4/1/2007

and B2 has a formula like =A2+90
or some such.
and if you leaveA3 blank, you get a value in B3.

solution. change B2 to:
=if(A2="","",A2+90)
or whatever your original formula was...
This will leave a blank in the B cells for missing A cells.