Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF Question

Does anyone know how to create a sumif formula with an expression in the
critria. Below is the formula I am trying to use.

Thanks!

=SUMIF($J:$L,$J1"6000000",$L:$L)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMIF($J:$J,""&6000000,$L:$L)
or
=SUMIF($J:$J,""&$a$1,$L:$L)

(I did change the ranges, though.)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~L ~L is offline

The only critera you are looking at there is if J1 is greater than 6,000,000.

To find all numbers over 6000000 in that range use:
=SUMIF($J:$L,"6000000",$L:$L)

The plain english would be "For all values in columns J and L over six
million, add the value in the same row column L to the total"

"Owen888" wrote:

Does anyone know how to create a sumif formula with an expression in the
critria. Below is the formula I am trying to use.

Thanks!

=SUMIF($J:$L,$J1"6000000",$L:$L)

Sumif of Sumif perhaps? Fred Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 29th 06 05:39 PM
SUMIF Ferg Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 28th 06 04:37 AM
SUMIF Question Criteria Dave Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 8th 06 01:48 PM
Embedding a Sumif in a sumif C.Pflugrath Excel Worksheet Functions 5 August 31st 05 07:31 PM
sumif Question Jason Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 March 15th 05 05:11 PM