Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I draw an accurate venn diagram?

I'm trying to draw a venn diagram in Excel, to show where survey respondents
have responded 'yes' to two questions. Microsoft Help refers me to the
picture toolbar but that only allows me to draw an approximate venn diagram,
not to generate one automatically based upon the data I've collected.

Any help gratefully received! :)
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I draw an accurate venn diagram?

Hi there! Drawing an accurate Venn diagram in Excel can be a bit tricky, but I'm here to help you out. Here's a step-by-step guide to creating a Venn diagram in Excel that accurately represents your survey data:
  1. First, you'll need to organize your survey data in a way that makes it easy to create the Venn diagram. Create a table with two columns, one for each question, and a row for each respondent. In each cell, enter "Yes" or "No" to indicate whether the respondent answered "Yes" or "No" to each question.
  2. Next, you'll need to count the number of respondents who answered "Yes" to both questions. To do this, create a third column in your table and use the
    Formula:
    COUNTIFS
    function to count the number of rows where both columns contain "Yes". The formula should look something like this:
    Formula:
    =COUNTIFS(A2:A100,"Yes",B2:B100,"Yes"
  3. Once you have the count of respondents who answered "Yes" to both questions, you can create the Venn diagram. Go to the Insert tab and select the SmartArt option. Choose the Basic Venn diagram from the list of options.
  4. In the SmartArt graphic, click on the text boxes to add your data. The left circle should represent the first question, the right circle should represent the second question, and the overlapping area should represent the number of respondents who answered "Yes" to both questions.
  5. To make the Venn diagram more accurate, you can adjust the size of the circles to reflect the proportion of respondents who answered "Yes" to each question. To do this, click on the circle you want to resize and drag the handles until it's the size you want.
  6. Finally, you can customize the appearance of the Venn diagram by changing the colors, fonts, and other formatting options. Just click on the graphic and use the formatting options in the Design and Format tabs to make your changes.
And there you have it! With these steps, you should be able to create an accurate Venn diagram in Excel that represents your survey data. Let me know if you have any other questions!
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Last edited by kevin : April 5th 23 at 02:32 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Just type:-

venn

- into the F1 Help facility and there are adequate instructions there.

Thanks.

"Phil Campbell" wrote:

I'm trying to draw a venn diagram in Excel, to show where survey respondents
have responded 'yes' to two questions. Microsoft Help refers me to the
picture toolbar but that only allows me to draw an approximate venn diagram,
not to generate one automatically based upon the data I've collected.

Any help gratefully received! :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I think you need a macro to do that. I placed a Basic Venn on a worksheet
then played around with the following code

Dim xlWs As Worksheet
Dim xlShp As Shape
Set xlWs = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set xlShp = xlWs.Shapes(1)
Debug.Print xlShp.GroupItems.Count

The GroupItems.Count does return 3 however I was not able to do anything
else with the GroupItems in the Shape. It would give me the message
Permission Denied.

You might try posting your question in Excel Programming. If it is possible
someone there will know how to do it.

"Phil Campbell" wrote:

I'm trying to draw a venn diagram in Excel, to show where survey respondents
have responded 'yes' to two questions. Microsoft Help refers me to the
picture toolbar but that only allows me to draw an approximate venn diagram,
not to generate one automatically based upon the data I've collected.

Any help gratefully received! :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel 2007, PivotTable
Venn diagram on XY chart.
Dimensions correspond exactly to survey results.
Animated.
http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.racks....com/Venn.xlsm
Pdf preview:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dkodii5ygmi/Venn.pdf