Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Track Changes without sharing

I have a spreadsheet which is a basic 'form' and will be completed and then
saved under different names. So used like a template. Then the completed form
could be updated by different people (but doesn't need to allow multiple
editors at same time). I want to force people to enter data in certain cells,
and not others so I have protected cells. I want people not to mess with the
sheet so I have protected sheet. I want to record who has changed what so I
turned on track changes - but this shares the sheet and stops my macro to
insert rows working. Can I track changes without sharing ?