Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel 2003 Formula cell reference colours (colors)

Hi
When entering a formula in Excel 2003 each cell reference is given a
different colour.
Assuming I can, how do I switch this off and have the cell references
display as black when entering them?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

As far as I am aware you can't. Excel does this so it makes its easier for
you to identify the dirrerent cell references. Unless you are colour blind,
you will see the colours as they should be.

"Clarkee" wrote:

Hi
When entering a formula in Excel 2003 each cell reference is given a
different colour.
Assuming I can, how do I switch this off and have the cell references
display as black when entering them?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thanks

I feared as much.
I work with blind and partially sighted people and this 'feature' makes
things very difficult or impossible for some of my clients using access
technology. We will have to consider downgrading to Office 2000 I guess

"Clarkee" wrote:

Hi
When entering a formula in Excel 2003 each cell reference is given a
different colour.
Assuming I can, how do I switch this off and have the cell references
display as black when entering them?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Just out of interest, have you tries altering the screen resolution? Granted
you would be limited on the amount the screen can show you but this would
enlarge what your are seeing!

"Clarkee" wrote:

Hi
When entering a formula in Excel 2003 each cell reference is given a
different colour.
Assuming I can, how do I switch this off and have the cell references
display as black when entering them?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi
this person uses assistive technology to magnify the screen. The problem is
with the colours.
Thanks anyway