Paul K.

Default division and decimal points

When I divide 100 by 2.4 my answer is this 41.66666667
By formating the cell to 0 decimal points I get 42
How do I achieve 42 in the formula bar and not 41.666666666667

I need this because I am converting to a csv file to import and sometimes
the import shows the formula bar data rather than the cell formatted data.

Dave R.

In the formula bar? Shouldn't you see the formula there? Unless you did this
with a paste specialdivide, perhaps.

You can use =ROUND(100/2.4,0) then export as CSV.

"Paul K." wrote in message
When I divide 100 by 2.4 my answer is this 41.66666667
By formating the cell to 0 decimal points I get 42
How do I achieve 42 in the formula bar and not 41.666666666667

I need this because I am converting to a csv file to import and sometimes
the import shows the formula bar data rather than the cell formatted data.

Bernard Liengme

In place of =A1*B1 use =ROUND(A1*B1,0) to round the result to zero decimal
places

Formatting changes what is seen - but not the underlying stored value.
The Formula bar displays the actual stored value.

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Paul K." wrote in message
When I divide 100 by 2.4 my answer is this 41.66666667
By formating the cell to 0 decimal points I get 42
How do I achieve 42 in the formula bar and not 41.666666666667

I need this because I am converting to a csv file to import and sometimes
the import shows the formula bar data rather than the cell formatted data.

Peo Sjoblom

Toolsoptionscalculations and precision as displayed (be a bit careful to
make sure you uncheck it later and also that it will change all underlaying
values,
if the formats make them look different)
or use a formula =ROUND(cell_with_41.66667,0)
then paste special as values

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Paul K." wrote:

When I divide 100 by 2.4 my answer is this 41.66666667
By formating the cell to 0 decimal points I get 42
How do I achieve 42 in the formula bar and not 41.666666666667

I need this because I am converting to a csv file to import and sometimes
the import shows the formula bar data rather than the cell formatted data.

Dave R.

Paul, you can use an adjacent cell and paste special, but when you save as
CSV, it converts to values anyway (the value would be 42) and does away with
the formulas that produced the values, so you may be able to save a step.