Graham Jones

Default Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 won't open Microsoft Excel Worksheet

Today a company e-mailed me a quotation with the extension: xls

I don't have Excel and eventually found Excel Viewer 2003. This took 45 mins
to download, and then didn't work. The Excel File Graphic had appeared atop
the quotation file - but when clicked on Excel Viewer 2003 opened and just
said: cannot open this file type.

Any ideas? Would appreciate solution. Running XP SP2 on a Dimension 8250..

Thanks
Dave Peterson

Maybe the sender could forward you a .pdf version of the file.

Or you could specify the type of file you can read (MSWord (.doc), .txt). Then
the sender could convert the file to that format.

Or maybe a free spreadsheet program would work for you:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD
(that may take more than 45 minutes, too!)

--

Dave Peterson