Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
zmr325

Default Stop Loss Formulas for Stock Trading

Is there any one out here that thinks they can help me with a formula for
finding a stop price for a stock? I have found an indicator for buying and
selling stocks. Now I just want to write a stop loss somehow so I can limit
my downside. My signals for Buy and Sell are pretty simple. In my
spreadsheet I have the date, open, high, low, and close. Off of those
records I used a =if(and( )) statement to determine my buy and sell points.
I wrote them like this =if(and(a3<a2), "buy", " ")and the same for the sell
side. SO then next to my open, high, low, close I have a column that is a
buy column and one that is a sell column. NOw when I get a buy I would like
to write something like this =when(e4=buy, find the value of the close that
period and had say x factor to it for the stop, if the high reaches that
point the exit the trade. Same for the sell side. DOes anybody have some
tips or suggestions. I been working on this for close to 10 hours now and I
haven't gotten anywhere. I am new to excel so would appreciate any help.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David McRitchie

Multiple posting warning.
This question was also posted in the microsoft,public.excel.misc newsgroup
which had additional information in another post in that same thread..

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...0microsoft.com