Cat

Default Formula to determine whether number falls within range??

Help - I need to set up a formula that determines whether a number falls
within a certain range. If not, I need it to show how much under or over the
number is from the range.
Ian

=IF(AND(A1=A2,A1<+A3),"Within Range",IF(A1<A2,A2-A1&" below range",A1-A3&"
above range"))

A1 is your number A2 & A3 are lower and upper limits of the range.

--
Ian
--
"Cat" wrote in message
Help - I need to set up a formula that determines whether a number falls
within a certain range. If not, I need it to show how much under or over
the
number is from the range.

bj

try
=if(num < lower bound,num-lower bound,if(numupperbound,num-upper
bound,"within range")