myhounds

Default How do I change background colors between secondary y axis lines?

With the addition of 2 secondary y axis lines, I now have three separate
bands of rows in my chart that specify different percentages of my data.
From the top of my chart to the first secondary y axis, I would like that
background to be green. In the middle, I would like that band of rows to be
yellow, and from the second secondary y axis line to the bottom, I would like
that band of rows to be red. How can I change that without affecting the
line graph colums that I already have established? Special thanks to Jon for
helping me configure my previous question! ")
John Mansfield

These resources show the steps to apply vertical, horizontal, or combination
vertical-horizontal background bandings to your chart:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...ticalBand.html

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...ground_colors/

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"myhounds" wrote:

With the addition of 2 secondary y axis lines, I now have three separate
bands of rows in my chart that specify different percentages of my data.
From the top of my chart to the first secondary y axis, I would like that
background to be green. In the middle, I would like that band of rows to be
yellow, and from the second secondary y axis line to the bottom, I would like
that band of rows to be red. How can I change that without affecting the
line graph colums that I already have established? Special thanks to Jon for
helping me configure my previous question! ")

myhounds

ok- I tried to do this using your website. First, here is info on what I
currently have on my chart. One column is for the date, and then separate
columns for 8am, noon, 5pm and 10pm. Everyday, at each of the 4 times, I
enter a 3-digit number (reading). I then chart these in a bar graph for each
month. My range is from 0 - 600. I have a secondary y axis at 420 and 260.
From 0 - 260, I need the background to be red. From 260 - 420, I need the
background to be yellow. From 420 - 600, I need the background to be green.
I am understanding the concept of adding the more series, however, when I
tried to determine (via trial and error) what I that should be I got myself
confused. Based on what I think, I need to add to the grid in the next
column available, 1,2 and 3 in their own cell. Then in each of the
respective rows, I would add 1 all the way across the grid until it
constitutes the equal number of cells per days of the month - so 31. Is that
right? Since I only want to start this from March 1st, rather than back to
Jan 1st, can I go ahead and put the new series info at March 1st? And since
I start a new graph at the beginning of each month, will this carry over, or
will I need to copy and paste the new series info to the respective cells at
the beginning of each month. I'm sorry - I know this is probably really easy
and I am just making it more difficult than it really is. Big thanks in
advance! ")

"myhounds" wrote:

With the addition of 2 secondary y axis lines, I now have three separate
bands of rows in my chart that specify different percentages of my data.
From the top of my chart to the first secondary y axis, I would like that