Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay

Default Save 2 separate data imports in separate worksheets on the same ex

I am using the 'TD Generic SQL Report' utility to extract data by querying
the project tables in Mercury Quality Center and dump the results into an
excel file. Each time I run a query in the utility program and specify a file
location, it dumps the data into a new worksheet (named Sheet4)in the file.

I want to take 2 separate extracts and dump the results in two separate
worksheets in the same excel file. For example, I run a query on test results
and one on defects. I want to dump the test results in Sheet1 of a.xls file
and
the defects data dump into Sheet2 of the same file i.e., a.xls. Is there a
way I can do this ?

How can I save 2 separate data imports into 2 separate worksheets on the
same excel file?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Allow the utility to do what it does and go through your two exports. You'll
end up with 2 workbooks. Right click the tab for Sheet4 in one of those new
workbooks and choose Move or Copy. In the little dialog that comes up,
chosse the OTHER new book in the To book: dropdown and clikc on OK. Now your
2 exports reside in the same workbook.