Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lookup help

I need a formula in row E (e2:e500) that will look in range c2:c500 for a
value equal to that in range d2:d500.

ex:If there is a value in column c that matches that in column d I want
column e to say "OK". If not to show the value in column d

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this in E2:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(D2:C$2:C$500,0)),D2,"OK")

then copy down.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 7, 7:55*pm, Curtis wrote:
I need a formula in row E (e2:e500) that will look in range c2:c500 for a
value equal to that in range d2:d500.

ex:If there is a value in column c that matches that in column d I want
column e to say "OK". If not to show the value in column d

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this in E2 then copy down:

=IF(C2=D2, "OK", D2)

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Curtis" wrote:

I need a formula in row E (e2:e500) that will look in range c2:c500 for a
value equal to that in range d2:d500.

ex:If there is a value in column c that matches that in column d I want
column e to say "OK". If not to show the value in column d

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The values will not necessarily be in the same row so the formula needs to
look at the entire range

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

Put this in E2 then copy down:

=IF(C2=D2, "OK", D2)

--

"Curtis" wrote:

I need a formula in row E (e2:e500) that will look in range c2:c500 for a
value equal to that in range d2:d500.

ex:If there is a value in column c that matches that in column d I want
column e to say "OK". If not to show the value in column d

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you not able to see my response to you from yesterday?

Pete

On Dec 8, 5:24*pm, Curtis wrote:
The values will not necessarily be in the same row so the formula needs to
look at the entire range

"JBeaucaire" wrote:
Put this in E2 then copy down:

=IF(C2=D2, "OK", D2)

--

"Curtis" wrote:

I need a formula in row E (e2:e500) that will look in range c2:c500 for a
value equal to that in range d2:d500.

ex:If there is a value in column c that matches that in column d I want
column e to say "OK". If not to show the value in column d

thanks- Hide quoted text -