Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In Excel, how do I format text to show on screen but not print?

I want to type some instructions in an Excel document but I don't want the
text to print. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One thought is to use a textbox ..
In its Properties tab, you can uncheck "Print object"
--
Max
Singapore
"KarinP" wrote:
I want to type some instructions in an Excel document but I don't want the
text to print. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about using comments? Right clickInsertComment
OR
You can define the print area from menu FilePrint Area

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"KarinP" wrote:

I want to type some instructions in an Excel document but I don't want the
text to print. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

another idea is to change your screen color to an off-white color,
then put whatever you want in white text. you will be able to read
the white text due to your off-white color of your screen, but when
you print on white paper the white text is unreadable.
note: changing your screen color in windows affects all applications.
:)
susan