Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Y Y is offline

Default how do I count the number of gray-shaded cells within a range?

I want to use the format of the cell (font color, shading color, etc.) as a
criterium in a countif formula. How do I do it? what's the syntax for that.
thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Y" wrote in message ...
|I want to use the format of the cell (font color, shading color, etc.) as a
| criterium in a countif formula. How do I do it? what's the syntax for that.
| thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried what is mentioned on this site but its giving me a #NAME error.

"Y" wrote in message
|I want to use the format of the cell (font color, shading color, etc.) as
| criterium in a countif formula. How do I do it? what's the syntax for
that.
| thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this one:

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Gary" wrote in message ...
|I tried what is mentioned on this site but its giving me a #NAME error.
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote in message
| http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Y" wrote in message
| |I want to use the format of the cell (font color, shading color, etc.) as
| | criterium in a countif formula. How do I do it? what's the syntax for
| that.
| | thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

and don't forget to copy the supplied UDF into your workbook!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips