Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
excel2002

Default how to display numbers in thousands i.e display 10,000 as 10

Is there any quick way to display a list of numbers in thousands? for
instance, how to change the display of 10,000 into 10 other than put in a
formula of 10,000/1000?

Thanks a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Format Custom as #, (end with a comma)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"excel2002" wrote in message ...
| Is there any quick way to display a list of numbers in thousands? for
| instance, how to change the display of 10,000 into 10 other than put in a
| formula of 10,000/1000?
|
| Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
excel2002

Niek,

Can you be more specific on how to get there step by step? Reeeeally
appreciate your quick answer.

"excel2002" wrote in message ...
| Is there any quick way to display a list of numbers in thousands? for
| instance, how to change the display of 10,000 into 10 other than put in a
| formula of 10,000/1000?
|
| Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
excel2002

I got it!!! It is incredible! Thank you so much!

"excel2002" wrote in message ...
| Is there any quick way to display a list of numbers in thousands? for
| instance, how to change the display of 10,000 into 10 other than put in a
| formula of 10,000/1000?
|
| Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
William Horton

Hilight the cells that you want to display in thousands.
Follow the Excel menu path Format / Cells.
On the format cells dialogue box choose the Numbers tab.
Choose the Custom category.
Type #, in the Type box.
Click Ok.
Whatever value you now enter in those cells should be displayed in thousands
(Ex. 1,000 will show up as 1).