zeebyrd

Default Microsoft Access Report into Excel Spreadsheet

I do a report that uses an Access report that is downloaded into Excel for
presentation. The report is essentially a list of warranty claims,
containing individual claim information including open and close dates. A
problem was pointed out to me in the Excel report, though- the open and close
dates are all listed as 2005 dates, which is incorrect since most of the
claims were opened in 2004. Excel is systematically stating these dates as
the same month in 2005, for example 10/2005 instead of 10/2004. The query
that the Access report uses is pulling correct data, and the report in Access
is correct, the error dates show up after I download the report into Excel
from Access.
Gary Brown

From what you've described, it looks like your Access Report has the date
formatted something like 10/04, 10-04, Oct-04 or Oct 04.
When this is imported to Excel, Excel recognizes it at 10/04/2005. Reformat
the report to include a 4 digit year such as 10/2004, 10-2004, Oct-2004 or
Oct-2004. This will bring the information across as 10/01/2004 which can
then be reformatted as 10/2004.
HTH,
Gary Brown